Are you finding it hard to stick to a healthy diet? Lack of a healthy diet can lead to unhealthy weight gain.
There are often side effects to weight gain and over time, it may be damaging to your body, including your spine and nervous system. Let’s take a closer look at what too much weight can do and what you can do to live a healthier life.
What Happens to Your Body As You Gain Weight?
How weight gain affects your life may depend on your activity level, gender, age and where you carry your weight. But, if you gain too much weight, it may take a toll on your body physically.
- Some risks associated to too much weight gain are type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, breathing problems and sleep apnea.
- Weight gain may cause a strain on your spine and nervous system. Over time, misalignments or subluxations may occur causing back pain and interference to the nervous system.
When there is interference to the nervous system, the body has a hard time receiving the information it needs from the brain to enjoy optimal health.
The Emotional Side of Weight Gain
Weight gain goes beyond how you look. Let’s take a look at some of the things that often go on emotionally when you’re overweight:
- You can lose the self-confidence you once had.
- Depression or anxiety may develop and begin to affect your daily life.
- You may find yourself with less energy and joy.
Losing weight is easier said than done, but through small and simple changes each day, you can begin your journey to greater health.
A Few Simple Changes
You may ask, “How do I start?” Begin with these easy steps:
- Park further away from the supermarket so you get more exercise on your way in and out.
- Take the stairs whenever possible.
- Take a walk daily.
- Hydrate by drinking enough water throughout your day.
- Fill up on fiber and protein. Limit processed foods and sugar in your diet.
- Identify the cause of your weight gain and face it head on to prevent it in the future.
- Visit me for health checkups. I’ll inspire you and support you on your health journey.
Want to make huge changes in your life? Talk to me about exercise and diet so we can come up with a plan that works for you. Along with chiropractic care, diet and nutrition can make a huge difference in how you feel and look.
Benefits of Greater Health
- Greater self-esteem, confidence and a life of purpose.
- More energy to play with your kids or spend time with your loved ones.
- Less stress, less health risks.
- More money for healthy foods by buying less processed foods.
- Better able to lead others by example.
Remember, as your chiropractor, I’m here to help you achieve your health goals. I’d love to talk to you about how I can support you on your journey.